Wednesday 20 June 2012

New Nails



Starry Night Nails


I saw a picture of a Modal  sporting a similar nail design to these and really liked them. I thought i'd make this look my own by adding a little sparkle! When I look at them they remind me of shiny stars on a dark night so I named them my Starry Night Nails. :)





 What did I use to create this look?


From left:  Avon Nailwear pro+ in licorice, Rimmal lasting finish in 500 Disco Ball, Rimmal Pro Super Wear ultra shine Top coat, Avon Nailwear pro+ in Starry sky.
Step by step....

1. Make sure that your nails are free from polish and oils by wiping over with acetone free nail polish remover.

2. Apply a base coat to protect your nails from discolouration and to help the nail polish last on your nails.


3. Apply two thin coats of Avon Starry sky (or a polish of your choice). Keep the application thin or your nails will peel and chip after a day or so. If the polish you are using provides a good coverage then one coat will be fine.

4. At this point you can use a guide to create the half moon shape. If you are going to use a sticker guide then let your nail dry thoroughly or you may find the sticker will peel off your polish and ruin all your good work! :)  


I started with one stroke of Avon's licorice polish at the half way point in the middle of my nail and continued doing this up each side of my nail until I had reached the desired look. Again you can use one coat if the polish provides good coverage. I used two coats to perfect the shape and coverage.

5. Apply one coat of Rimmal's Disco Ball (or your preferred glitter polish) over the top half of your nail polish, allow the surface to dry. The glitter I used has silver, blue and lilac inn. On closer inspection I think maybe a plain silver glitter polish would have matched better but hey! next time..

6. Apply one layer of Rimmal's Ultra Shine Topcoat over the entire nail to seal the polish on. When you apply the top coat bring it over the tip of your nail this will stop your nail polish from shrinking and chipping from the tips.


Job done!!! :)


Hope you get on well with your nails. Now I've figured out how to add the Follow my blog badge feel free to join my blog and any hints, tips and advice is welcome! ;) xxx










No comments:

Post a Comment

All Comments welcome ;)